Incredibly Beneficial Toy for Your Dog: Snuffle Mat
Have you and your dog already discovered the miracle of Snuffle Mat?
Did You Know?
A dog's sense of smell is between 10,000 and 100,000 times more prominent than that of a human, and it's one of the ways dogs interpret the world around them.
Using Snuffle Mats allows your dog to decode what's in front of them with their nose, and this can:
- Alleviate stress
- Provide mental stimulation
- Encourage slower eating habits
- Initiate sniffing and foraging centers of the brain, which are pleasurable for the dog
- Create mental stimulation for dogs on restricted exercise
I was mind-boggled when I read that 10 minutes on Snuffle Mat uses as many calories as an hour walk.
Yes, you read it right. Just 10 minutes your dog spent on Snuffle Mat is equal to 1 hour of walking!
As many recent studies have found, mental exercise can be just as important as physical exercise when it comes to our dogs' routines. It lessens hyperactivity, lowers stress, can deter destructive behavior, and can make your dog overall happier. Isn't that what we're all trying to do for our furry friends?
So, the next time your dog is showing signs of hyperactivity or boredom, whip out that snuffle mat and provide some calm mental stimulation. The act of sniffing will lower their pulse rate, help them relax, and be happy!
Things you can use in your Snuffle Mats:
- Kibble and dry treats of any kind
- Dog-friendly herbs such as chopped parsley or mint
- Veggies or fruit such as chopped carrot, apple, green beans, or broccoli
Check out our colorful Snuffle Mats Collection, and if you are crafty, you can even make one yourself!